The media agents that work for Jamie Foxx contacted me a little while back about reviewing his new album Unpredictable. They sent me a copy to tell all my fabulous readers about it. I know it's been out for a little while now, but it's NEVER too late for publicity. My thoughts:
1. *Unpredictable: Ya'll already know this is a hot one.
2. Warm Bed: Nice chill song with a slower Ying Yang twins beat (Mr. Collipark is one of the producers). Something different than we're used to.
3. *DJ Play A Love Song ft. Twista: One of those songs you need to play when you tryin to do the damn thang. Grown and sexy.
4. With You ft. The Game and Snoop: Snoop makes pretty much everything hot, and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't like this one. The Game sounds kind of out of place on this track.
5. Can I Take You Home: Laid back track good for just chillin with ya girl or ya man.
6. *Love Changes ft. MJB: Ya'll know I love me some Mary...so this duet is most definitely hot. A remake of a classic and I must say it's done very well. Their voices mesh perfectly together. This is one that stays on repeat. Hopefully it'll be his next single.
7. *Extravaganza ft. Kanye West: Already a hit and rightly so. A track good for ridin'. It's laced with Kanye's flow and adds that extra that makes it hot. Loves it.
8. *Three Letter Word: Another sexy track strictly for the bedroom-or the car after the party if you rollin like that. I'm tempted to call it a better version of Kellz's Half on a Baby.
9. Get This Money: Basically a song about J tellin a stripper what she needs to do in order to get his money. Well ladies...if you lookin for a song to do a "strip tease" for your man to...this is it.
10. *VIP: There's a real smooth old school feel to this track. It's all about how to party with Jaime in VIP in a laid back and chill way-if that's even possible. I'm all about the sippin champagne for free though .
11. *Do What It Do: Of course the intro of the song is a spin off of his Ray character and voice. And he definitely does what does on here. This is 2006's version of LSG's My Body. HOT.
12. Storm (Forecass): Very sweet song-slow and seductive.
13. *U Still Got It (Interlude) ft. Common: This song is about a man letting his woman know she is still beautiful while she's having his baby. A track to make any pregnant woman feel fabulous even on her worst day. My only complaint is that this should have been a whole song.
14. Heaven: A beautiful song where Jaime talks about his daughter. Shows the "Jaime" sound we all know and love.
15. Wish U Were Here: Sweet song about Jaimie wanting his grandmother to be here to share in his success. Let's you see into his heart just a bit. His voice is incredible on this one.
* indicates one of my favorites
Overall...one fabulous album. I can pretty much listen all the way through and it brings back that Jamie voice I remember from years back with his other songs.
If you want to sample some of the tracks for yourself-check out Jamie's official site to get that in ya life.
- Why are all the New Orleans rappers locked up right now? Mystical for tax evasion, BG for drugs, and Juve supposedly just got out. What's the deal man?
- Speaking of the N.O....to all my New Orleans readers....who are all these new DJ's on Q93? They all sound like wannabe Wild Waynes. Boo.
- Anybody else watching South Beach? I'm surprised I'm actually feelin it.
Keep it funky people.