Celebrity Gossip Never Looked So Good™
YBF on Twitter YBF on Facebook Feed

Again, Why Do Black Folks Love Amy Winehouse?

Amy surrounded by her drug paraphernalia
An interesting video of Amy Winehouse was just released and it shows her being taped by her hubby Blake Incarcerated back in May of '07. She and a friend were singing racists chants to the camera. Check the video here. According to the video and the NOTW site: Amy, 24, and a pal called Sarah giggle as they sing a string of racist lines set to the tune of kiddies' favourite ‘Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes'. Blake pretends NOT to record the unfolding events and eggs them on, saying: "Can we have a singsong of it?" Sarah is at first reluctant but soon warms to the action as Amy enthusiastically sings: "Blacks, Pakis, Gooks and Nips, Gooks and Nips! "And deaf and dumb and blind and gay!" She repeats the first line over again and on the word "Nips" Amy pulls her eyes into slits then pushes her boobs up in a gesture to her nipples. I mean, I guess you can "blame it on the drugs". But whatever. It is what it is. And I'm still not impressed.
Categories:

Comments

WANT YOUR OWN AVATAR? GET IT HERE.

I like Winehouse's talent,

I like Winehouse's talent, just like I enjoy R. Kelly's talent. Don't fool yourselves people love Michael Jackson but are appalled at the pedophile "rumors". Talent & genius = nuts! Kells, I got in troble at work for the expression "got her Irish up". Bitch said it was insulting to her as an Irish woman. Since I was relaying a direct quote from my Irish buddy the complaint got thrown out.
tenrags's picture

I doubt she made up that

I doubt she made up that song, she probably heard it somewhere and just repeated it. I doubt there is anyone out there that hasn't said something racist. It wasn't as if she said, "I think Black people are_____", she sang a stupid song! Who of you hasn't said something about "crackers" or "Mexicans".
kellis's picture

well, i don't want to believe

well, i don't want to believe she is racist. i wish she could go back to songwriting and producing a new album.
nowayjose's picture

@BMW...please don't get me

@BMW...please don't get me started on that flat assed heffah!
anon's picture

[quote comment="111871"]@BMW

[quote comment="111871"]@BMW cosign! Let he who has never made an off color remark or he who has never LTBAO to the likes of eddie murphy, chris rock, or richard pryor cast the first stone...and as cracked out as she was and is she said blacks not n.....s! i am not trying to justify bad behavior i am just saying that all of us are guilty of it and are most likely sober and lucid in these very moments...as for her music i have both CD's and her first CD frank is excellent...she is a very talented singer and songwriter (she also plays the guitar) who has found herself in a bad situation...and if yall really want to be offended by some home video check out the reruns of being bobby brown...or take it a step further and download karrine steffans radio interview with jamie foxx, then go and google images of nas and kelis wearing n....r tee shirts...then let's it down and take a hard objective look at what is more offensive a white crackhead offending blacks or US offending US![/quote] If you want to get offended, watch paris hilton call blacks ni**gers on two tapes. Give me a break! she is not racist.
BMW's picture

lol good morning kay kay -

lol good morning kay kay - I'm mad I came back to this post this AM too...wanted to see if we was still beefing :)
kay p's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111780"][quote comment="111586"][quote comment="111540"][quote comment="111438"][quote comment="111429"][quote comment="111378"][quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] i feel like your saying since we use slurs it's okay for her to use slurs. if 2 wrongs don't make a right then at least call her wrong too. despite what i have ever said about a white person is what she said wrong or right? that's all i'm saying. ppl said we can't be mad at the guy who plays kramer b/c black folks say those words too. okay, true but does that make him any less worse for saying it? and why WOULD he or any other non black person want to say those words if us blacks are so misguided as to use them as well? same w/imus. me being imperfect doesn't take away from her ignorant comments.[/quote] I still don't think she is racist. There's a difference between makeing a joke and being a racist. I make racial jokes, does that mean I'm a racist? maybe yes or maybe no![/quote] Thank you - that is the point I was trying to make. Racial jokes - we all do that.[/quote] now kp u just said you don't do that (make racial jokes or use those terms). and okay bmw let the white girl in your office in boston of all places make a joke at a staff meeting using the n word or something that's just offensive and see if you don't call her racist. yall act like there's no such thing as a racial joke...[/quote] no I don't do that - I said "we" as in general. ME I don't now - but I have in my life...what's the problem? This is my opinion - I said you have a valid point - and I feel I do too - so what's really good?[/quote] LOL! I never said it was right, but sooooooooo many people do make racial jokes(I do). I never said what Amy did was right,She was dumb for doing it on camera, but is she racist? No! I do not believe she is racist at all! she's a crack head![/quote] yeah, honestly i see both of you guyses points and i'm the first one to admit that i'm a hypocrit. my favorite catch phrase when discussing tupac and panthers and afrocentric scholars who take white wives & do other non black centered or mysogonistic things is that such and so is a "complex" character, lol, and i'll lump myself into that category too :)
kaykay's picture

@BMW cosign! Let he who has

@BMW cosign! Let he who has never made an off color remark or he who has never LTBAO to the likes of eddie murphy, chris rock, or richard pryor cast the first stone...and as cracked out as she was and is she said blacks not n.....s! i am not trying to justify bad behavior i am just saying that all of us are guilty of it and are most likely sober and lucid in these very moments...as for her music i have both CD's and her first CD frank is excellent...she is a very talented singer and songwriter (she also plays the guitar) who has found herself in a bad situation...and if yall really want to be offended by some home video check out the reruns of being bobby brown...or take it a step further and download karrine steffans radio interview with jamie foxx, then go and google images of nas and kelis wearing n....r tee shirts...then let's it down and take a hard objective look at what is more offensive a white crackhead offending blacks or US offending US!
anon's picture

Why are people so impressed

Why are people so impressed with her singing? she's a 25 year old white girl from the UK doing a little trick on the mic. She's emulating and copying a style of singing originated from Afro-Americans who shared their emotions through music. Now this little mustacha needs a few shots of dope to connect to those sort of feelings. NOT IMPRESSED!
skippy's picture

[quote comment="111842"]AMY

[quote comment="111842"]AMY WINE HOUSE CANT BE RACIST!!!! SHE IS JEWISH... however she can be predigest[/quote] blank stare....um so ok who can be racist then?
Lou77Oak's picture

AMY WINE HOUSE CANT BE

AMY WINE HOUSE CANT BE RACIST!!!! SHE IS JEWISH... however she can be predigest
Yo YO's picture

Well, whether Black people

Well, whether Black people can be racist or not is a debateable point. But they can be as racially insensitive as a white bigot. When I was child, I had a friend of Korean descent. One day my cousins came over to visit, and they made snarking remarks about the shape of her eyes and face. I became upset because my friend became upset and I know what its like for people to tease you over something as innocuous as skin color, hair texture, eye shape and the like. My mother lectured my cousins but the damage was done. The entire day was ruined and my friend was hurt. Several years ago, my maternal aunt called me a "Puerto Rican bitch." My mother is Black, my father is from Puerto Rican. Even though I have always considered myself Black, she nevertheless felt the need to call me this when she got into an argument with my mother. She couldn't argue down the points my mother was making so instead she tried to hurt my mother by attacking me. Nice.
helen's picture

Black people cannot be

Black people cannot be racists. Racism comes from a position of power
Nadia's picture

Oh yeah! I'm not dumb enough

Oh yeah! I'm not dumb enough to make racial joke at work, I leave that to idiots. you don't bring your sex life into work, so why would you bring offensive jokes. It's just common sense, but common sense is not common people!
BMW's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111586"][quote comment="111540"][quote comment="111438"][quote comment="111429"][quote comment="111378"][quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] i feel like your saying since we use slurs it's okay for her to use slurs. if 2 wrongs don't make a right then at least call her wrong too. despite what i have ever said about a white person is what she said wrong or right? that's all i'm saying. ppl said we can't be mad at the guy who plays kramer b/c black folks say those words too. okay, true but does that make him any less worse for saying it? and why WOULD he or any other non black person want to say those words if us blacks are so misguided as to use them as well? same w/imus. me being imperfect doesn't take away from her ignorant comments.[/quote] I still don't think she is racist. There's a difference between makeing a joke and being a racist. I make racial jokes, does that mean I'm a racist? maybe yes or maybe no![/quote] Thank you - that is the point I was trying to make. Racial jokes - we all do that.[/quote] now kp u just said you don't do that (make racial jokes or use those terms). and okay bmw let the white girl in your office in boston of all places make a joke at a staff meeting using the n word or something that's just offensive and see if you don't call her racist. yall act like there's no such thing as a racial joke...[/quote] no I don't do that - I said "we" as in general. ME I don't now - but I have in my life...what's the problem? This is my opinion - I said you have a valid point - and I feel I do too - so what's really good?[/quote] LOL! I never said it was right, but sooooooooo many people do make racial jokes(I do). I never said what Amy did was right,She was dumb for doing it on camera, but is she racist? No! I do not believe she is racist at all! she's a crack head!
BMW's picture

Ooops! I meant to say

Ooops! I meant to say "effectively" not "effectually." :)
helen's picture

[quote comment="111760"]how

[quote comment="111760"]how is she being racists towards blacks? I mean the last time i checked.. we are black aren't we? and isn't this website called young black and fabolous. so what are you talking about? the lady is on drugs and she has a awful husband. You need to feel sorry for her not talk about her.[/quote] Raye, yes we are "black," but its the context in which she used the term that makes her statements offensive. The term "Paki" is a racial slur used in Europe in refernence to Pakistanis. Corinne Bailey Rae once mentioned in an interview that growing up, the kids at her school would call she and her sister "Paki" because they thought she and her sister were of Pakistani descent. The term "gook" is used to denigrate Asians, specifically Chinese. And I just learned from a friend of mine from England that the term "nip" is used in the UK to denigrate Asians--specifically Cambodians. So for Amy to use the term "Black" in the same phrase that she used those other awful terms, is to effectually turn the term "Black" into a racial slur. I hope this helps you understand why her use of the term is so controversial. Peace!
helen's picture

FUCK AMY

FUCK AMY WIHITEHOUSE/////RAGGEDY ASS... SHE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CONCERN OF MINES, AND SHE IS EVEN CONSIDERED LOW CLASS BY WHITES,,,
Kandyce H.'s picture

how is she being racists

how is she being racists towards blacks? I mean the last time i checked.. we are black aren't we? and isn't this website called young black and fabolous. so what are you talking about? the lady is on drugs and she has a awful husband. You need to feel sorry for her not talk about her.
Raye's picture

Why would anybody want to

Why would anybody want to make a racist joke in the first place?It's always black people putting people on the pedestal like always to be accepted, but have the best time putting their OWN people down.Reminded me when I was looking at A Different World yesterday, when Freddie was in the work place and she was expressing her mind about how a black woman at a higher position do such things to only impress the somewhat superior people.Plus Amy lives in the public eye and what she expresses in private is mostly how she really feels.Why would someone say "are you recording this, i hope you not recording this" and blah blah...?
Sharonda's picture

To mann1957 Apparently I

To mann1957 Apparently I have struck a nerve. Otherwise you wouldn't have reacted so negatively. For the record, I have a life--I am a law student who happens to visit this blog and others to decompress from my law studies. I love music and yes I am a fan of Amy Winehouse. EXCUSE ME for being literate and reading print interviews on one of my favorite artist. Doesn't every body do that? Its not called, not having a life its called enjoying one's life. I notice you didn't respond to any of the points I made in my previous post. Perhaps I touched a nerve. Perhaps you or your gramps have made racist comments which is why you choose to take a simple approach to Amy Winehouse's statements and attack ME instead of the arguments I made. I can understand people's anger over her statements and why they would cease listening to her music. I happen to have an opinion of my own and expressed it. You don't have to agree. Peace!
helen's picture

and by the way, maybe if we

and by the way, maybe if we were not calling ourself "negro"or calling an african man "amistad' or calling another one "monkey" etc..., white people would not try that! There is no need to be uptight! I remember one day on another forum i said that kimora lee was looking like the girl who does my nails and everybody was calling me ignorant and racist?? But those are the same people that call another woman/sista "bitch" and a man "nigga" and a woman "hoe" call people ghetto?? I mean, i thought we were cool and that we can accept everything! To finish i don't think amy is racist at all! I do think eminem is though!
Valenne's picture

helen u know way too much

helen u know way too much about amy winehouse get a LIFE!.....PLEASE
mann1957's picture

[quote comment="111271"]We as

[quote comment="111271"]We as black people are some big idiots!!!!!! we are always quick to support things that others(non-blacks) make,but which got no link with us(CD, BRANDS etc.....).Especially when those non-black people don't care about us except for selling us some shit. it's time to wake up!! 3 years ago i decided i must only buy black things made by black people for black people.And that's right.So you'll all know that the amy whineASS CD-shit has neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever hit my CD player.[/quote] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- it would be great except that black people don't even own shit (at least a very very few) so even when you buy something "black", just remember that there is still a white man (woman but i am sure its more man) somewhere!!! We re not there yet! The day black people will own a big production label and production movies etc..., then you will be able to think like that! Otherwise, your just lying to yourself!! Btw, i think it is stupid/ignorant to think that way because lots of white people like our artists too just like who we know and if it was only for black people, she sure would not be that big, and more others. So, would you say they support us??? I think this way of thinking should really stop because we would not go nowhere like that! Unless, you want to invest your money on the improvement of the education of our brothers and sisters and suppress the ignorant thing that keep us at the lowest of the barrel.... then, that is supporting your people! But we would need to get rid of flav of love, dirty south rap etc..., are you ready for that change???
Valenne's picture

Wow...who knew this chick was

Wow...who knew this chick was still relevant. I am more surprised at the fact that whatever she does is considered news-worthy. She’s so pathetic it’s impossible to be offended.
April's picture

[quote comment="111042"]Well,

[quote comment="111042"]Well, to answer you initial question, blacks enjoyed her music because...well..it's good. The support came before this 'breaking news'. That being said, as bad as it is that she sang it, imagine if everyone was secretly taped? I'm pretty sure we all have said things far worse then Ms. Winehouse...not to excuse her behaviour of course.[/quote] I was really pissed until I read your post. Thank you!!!
BellaY's picture

I have been listening to Amy

I have been listening to Amy for a few years now. I bought Frank, the C.D. But,now I am totally appalled by her stupidity. But, because God does not like ugly-her life is the way it is for a reason. She has no respect for herself, so why would she respect anyone else? She's a crack head and they have no credibility.
Milan's picture

I so over Amy Winehouse....

I so over Amy Winehouse.... they are plenty of artist out there who's music has a similar vibe, like ADELE, and DUFFY. The fact that they sound better and don't have a drug problem like her is a plus!
Sha's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111540"][quote comment="111438"][quote comment="111429"][quote comment="111378"][quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] i feel like your saying since we use slurs it's okay for her to use slurs. if 2 wrongs don't make a right then at least call her wrong too. despite what i have ever said about a white person is what she said wrong or right? that's all i'm saying. ppl said we can't be mad at the guy who plays kramer b/c black folks say those words too. okay, true but does that make him any less worse for saying it? and why WOULD he or any other non black person want to say those words if us blacks are so misguided as to use them as well? same w/imus. me being imperfect doesn't take away from her ignorant comments.[/quote] I still don't think she is racist. There's a difference between makeing a joke and being a racist. I make racial jokes, does that mean I'm a racist? maybe yes or maybe no![/quote] Thank you - that is the point I was trying to make. Racial jokes - we all do that.[/quote] now kp u just said you don't do that (make racial jokes or use those terms). and okay bmw let the white girl in your office in boston of all places make a joke at a staff meeting using the n word or something that's just offensive and see if you don't call her racist. yall act like there's no such thing as a racial joke...[/quote] no I don't do that - I said "we" as in general. ME I don't now - but I have in my life...what's the problem? This is my opinion - I said you have a valid point - and I feel I do too - so what's really good?
kay p's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111438"][quote comment="111429"][quote comment="111378"][quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] i feel like your saying since we use slurs it's okay for her to use slurs. if 2 wrongs don't make a right then at least call her wrong too. despite what i have ever said about a white person is what she said wrong or right? that's all i'm saying. ppl said we can't be mad at the guy who plays kramer b/c black folks say those words too. okay, true but does that make him any less worse for saying it? and why WOULD he or any other non black person want to say those words if us blacks are so misguided as to use them as well? same w/imus. me being imperfect doesn't take away from her ignorant comments.[/quote] I still don't think she is racist. There's a difference between makeing a joke and being a racist. I make racial jokes, does that mean I'm a racist? maybe yes or maybe no![/quote] Thank you - that is the point I was trying to make. Racial jokes - we all do that.[/quote] now kp u just said you don't do that (make racial jokes or use those terms). and okay bmw let the white girl in your office in boston of all places make a joke at a staff meeting using the n word or something that's just offensive and see if you don't call her racist. yall act like there's no such thing as a racial joke...
kaykay's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111429"][quote comment="111378"][quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] i feel like your saying since we use slurs it's okay for her to use slurs. if 2 wrongs don't make a right then at least call her wrong too. despite what i have ever said about a white person is what she said wrong or right? that's all i'm saying. ppl said we can't be mad at the guy who plays kramer b/c black folks say those words too. okay, true but does that make him any less worse for saying it? and why WOULD he or any other non black person want to say those words if us blacks are so misguided as to use them as well? same w/imus. me being imperfect doesn't take away from her ignorant comments.[/quote] I still don't think she is racist. There's a difference between makeing a joke and being a racist. I make racial jokes, does that mean I'm a racist? maybe yes or maybe no![/quote] Thank you - that is the point I was trying to make. Racial jokes - we all do that.
kay p's picture

I talk shit about white

I talk shit about white people all the time.. don't mean shit. the girl is sick with a pen... we all are guilty of saying some shhh... I have more of a problem with BlACK people (beyonce) who think they are WHITE!
lalie's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111378"][quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] i feel like your saying since we use slurs it's okay for her to use slurs. if 2 wrongs don't make a right then at least call her wrong too. despite what i have ever said about a white person is what she said wrong or right? that's all i'm saying. ppl said we can't be mad at the guy who plays kramer b/c black folks say those words too. okay, true but does that make him any less worse for saying it? and why WOULD he or any other non black person want to say those words if us blacks are so misguided as to use them as well? same w/imus. me being imperfect doesn't take away from her ignorant comments.[/quote] I still don't think she is racist. There's a difference between makeing a joke and being a racist. I make racial jokes, does that mean I'm a racist? maybe yes or maybe no!
BMW's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111378"][quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] i feel like your saying since we use slurs it's okay for her to use slurs. if 2 wrongs don't make a right then at least call her wrong too. despite what i have ever said about a white person is what she said wrong or right? that's all i'm saying. ppl said we can't be mad at the guy who plays kramer b/c black folks say those words too. okay, true but does that make him any less worse for saying it? and why WOULD he or any other non black person want to say those words if us blacks are so misguided as to use them as well? same w/imus. me being imperfect doesn't take away from her ignorant comments.[/quote] I am not saying she is right - I am saying we tend to be hyper-sensitive to things that we too are guilty of. That's all I'm saying. Racial slurs come with the territory when you have multiple races co-habitating. Something about not understanding what is different. It's a sticks and stones things - now when we talk social injustices based on race and hate crimes...THAT is something to whole-heartedly condemm. You have very valid points - and I get where you are coming from. We just have different opinions. Clearly Amy is a self-loathing jerk - hence the crack addiction. and yes she is wrong - if that point is being missed - no one is right when they do it.
kay p's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111156"][quote comment="111143"][quote comment="111106"][quote comment="111049"][quote comment="111044"][quote comment="111033"]First!!![/quote] nope[/quote] Almost, the sight is a little slow! But I made it to the top five, and now I am happy! :)[/quote] S-I-T-E, as in website. LOL[/quote] Well, I guess I am on a roll today. Wrong about being first, wronge about sight/site! Funty!!! (I misspelled funny on purpose!) :)[/quote] Just picking with you anyway...the posts aren't incredibly interesting this AM. :)[/quote] And I spelled wrong with an effin' e! Lol! Hey, it is a slow post day and I stay on these sites (smile) all day long. Oh well, maybe I can get some work done!!! :)
lovelifelive's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] i feel like your saying since we use slurs it's okay for her to use slurs. if 2 wrongs don't make a right then at least call her wrong too. despite what i have ever said about a white person is what she said wrong or right? that's all i'm saying. ppl said we can't be mad at the guy who plays kramer b/c black folks say those words too. okay, true but does that make him any less worse for saying it? and why WOULD he or any other non black person want to say those words if us blacks are so misguided as to use them as well? same w/imus. me being imperfect doesn't take away from her ignorant comments.
kaykay's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111316"][quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.[/quote] THANK YOU KAYP!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does nothing but letter bitterness breed in your blood..hinders you from aspiring to more in life. Let THEM have their hate, why should we reduce ourselves to their level? BIG UP for your response.
Soul Cry's picture

Her first cd "Frank" is

Her first cd "Frank" is crack....she's a didn't person now.
ms.kelly's picture

I'm not saying one should

I'm not saying one should support her...all I'm saying is that ALL OF US have said something out of pocket. So to sit here and cry about is foolishness. And I find it funny where people talk about black power one minute and then feel the need to insult his own people just to get his point across. Who is the real enemy? lol. I don't base my life on how other races see me..pleaze to big for that. LOL
Soul Cry's picture

Oh please, she's not a

Oh please, she's not a racist. She's just a silly (oversensitive, but wants everybody, including herself, to believe that she doesn't give a f*ck) girl on drugs trying to please her idiotic husband. You shouldn't attack her, you should feel sorry for her.
B.'s picture

[quote

[quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] I agreeeee 100% !! l think we got a bunch of DUMBASTIC people around for not understanding that!!!!
kimpavita4's picture

I just don't get it! lol! I

I just don't get it! lol! I think this is really funny! I read all the post! I still don't think she is racist, she is a crack head. I've dealt with racist at my job(Racist in Boston are different from Racist in GEorgia) and Amy maybe trashy, but she is not racist. You know a racist when you are around one. She's just screwed up!
BMW's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111283"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.[/quote] Sista - I hear you...you ain't never met a freedom fighter like me. See that gravatar? That Black Panther Party for Self Defense member right there raised me. I am fully versed in our history - can teach a PHD course on Africana Studies and the Black Diaspora. But I like to put things in perspective - and one sin is not greater than the next, two wrongs don't make a right, he who is without sin is all I'm saying. If you on the right side - be all the way on the right side and don't condemn that which you are guilty. when the 5% is down to 0% holla at your girl. Me? - I've been reformed - I am HIGHLY offended by derogatory phrases aimed at black people - so I don't use derogatory terms for any other race anymore. I can't if I am going to condemn others.
kay p's picture

Does anyone remember that

Does anyone remember that email that was going around about 10 things black people should know but don't? It also talked about 10 things white and hispanics should know but don't. It was hilarious! I'll post it if I find it. It offended each group, so no one felt left out, lol.
camdon's picture

Never liked her trashy self,

Never liked her trashy self, and I think she needs help stat! But this aint the first time balck people felkl head over hills for an qartist wether it's fashion or music that didn't to much like black people. At some point we need to wake up and smell the bigotray of some of these characters
luvangel330's picture

[quote

[quote comment="111280"][quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] I so agree! I made a racial joke yesterday! I'm I racist now! please![/quote] I'm an equal opportunist racist, that means I hate all races equally. Lemme stop b4 someone takes me seriously :P
camdon's picture

I have to say that as a big

I have to say that as a big Amy Winehouse fan I am more than a little disconcerted by her remarks on this video as well as the current state of her life. I think she has allowed herself to be overwhelmed by drugs and a man--Blake--who does not mean her well. I read an article in Rolling Stone where Blake made a racial slur at Jews in front of Amy and her father and she didn't blink an eye about it even though she is Jewish. Amy is more tragic than anything. I don't believe she is a racist. She had a black boyfriend and her thirteen-year old goddaughter is black. Apparerntly she is trying to help her goddaughter break into the music business. There is a video of the two performing on YouTube. Though I do not condone her behavior and can understand why people on this blog and elsewhere are upset with her, I do have pity on her. She has made some awful mistakes. We can only hope that she realizes her mistakes and tries to make amends because the heat she is recieving over this incident could be the death of her career if drugs and alcohol don't kill her first. That said, I don't plan to burn my Amy Winehouse cds but I will probably not listen to them in the same light. By the way, when I mention that Amy's ex-boyfriend and goddaughter is black, I do not mean to suggest that she can't be racist just because she might fraternize with black people or mimick black music. My late grandmother, who was black, use to say some awful, racially insensitive things about Nat King Cole. She preferred Cab Calloway and Lena Horne over Nat King Cole. Can anyone guess why? As reprehensible as my grandmother's statements were I would not label her a racist, just a very ignorant person. Remember Senator Barack Obama's white grandmother made some insensitive remarks about African-Americans, is she a racist? Is Reverend Wright a racist? Louis Farrakan? Malcom X? Just something to mull over. But I do understand why people are upset. I listen to music to escape life's realities and its painful when the ugly side of life intrudes. Peace to everyone!!!
helen's picture

[quote comment="111216"]One

[quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. never.
kaykay's picture

[quote comment="111216"]One

[quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] I so agree! I made a racial joke yesterday! am I racist now! please!
BMW's picture

[quote comment="111216"]One

[quote comment="111216"]One thing I can't stand - people in glass houses throwing stones. Every black person on here - who has NEVER said ONE derogatory thing about ANY OTHER race of people...you can feel free to be mad at Amy. Everyone else - get over it.[/quote] history (and the present) proves we have way more beefs about whites then they do against us so yes, i feel like 95% of the derogatory stuff i have to say about whites is justified & i'll own the other 5% too. what did black people do to amy and/or her ancestors? and what makes it worse in her case is that her whole gimmick and celebrity is based on her 2nd LP which was full of blatent motown samples so w/out us there'd be no back to black or fade to black whatever her album is called. i'll never feel bad for saying something bad yet truthful about white people. ever.
kaykay's picture

Log in to post a new comment

Log in to post a new comment

register
Sign in with Facebook