INSIDE Black Girls Rock! Red Carpet Arrivals & What You Can Expect From The Show....
Tons of celebrity YBF chicks and those who love them were front and center at this weekend's Black Girls Rock! Awards. Check out who hit the red carpet at the Paradise Theater in New York and a bit of the fabulousness you can expect from what went down inside the taping, before it airs....
TheYBF.com was on hand for the taping of Black Girls Rock! this weekend. And plenty of our fave chicks were on hand to receive their much deserved awards for being their fabulous selves.
Eva Longoria hit the carpet in a pretty white dress from Dana Budeanu, a nude YSL clutch and Louboutin ankle strap pumps as she presented the Star Power Award to her good friend Kerry Washington, in an embellished Marchesa dress & bow tie Louboutin pumps. And they posed with the gorgeous Tarajji P. Henson in her golden metallic peplum dress from Diane Von Furstenberg.
The "Person Of Interest" star looked picture perfect in the curve hugging look and leopard Louboutin pumps.
Co-hosts Tracee Ellis Ross & Regina King put their best fashion feet forward in their sexy black looks.
Looking great Regina! Her show "Southland" starts back in February 2013. They posed it up on the carpet with performer Keyshia Cole.
Keyshia, in a pretty silver gown from Jovani, performed "Trust & Believe" at the Awards show.
And Mrs. Meagan Good Franklin blew a few kisses with Keyshia and rocked a midriff baring crop top and sheer maxi skirt look for the carpet.
Chick is indeed an actress with the silly laid-out red carpet poses.
Meagan kicked it with BET's head honcho Debra Lee and her new natural mini-fro. We actually love it.
"Basketball Wives" star Laura Govan made her way to the event in a very interesting look. She posed it up with sponsor CHEVY's new 2013 Malibu, and the new "106 & Park" fellas--Shorty Da Prince & Bow Wow.
Anna Francesca couture. We're not feeling this in the least bit. But we love that she's taking fashion risks.
Gabrielle Union kept it simple in a black Dolce & Gabanna dress. This wig though.... We're ready for a drastic change up for the Gabster...like a short sharp angled bob.
Janelle Monae looked pretty and polished in her typical look. She rocked a tailored black tux with a McQueen clutch.
Marsha Ambrosius rocked a chic black and white look accentuated with a pretty embellishment.
Stephen Hill rocked a tee with the faces of his co-worker's kids. That's what he said...
The "106 & Park" crew--Shorty Da Prince, Paigion, Bow Wow and Miss Mykie--all posed it up with Debra Lee.
India Arie kept it bright with a black knee length dress with neon yellow trim. She performed her new song "6th Avenue", then closed out the show with "i Am Not My Hair."
And a few fellas made appearances too:
Eric Benet, Anthony Hamilton, and Luke James performed "Wildflowers" for the ladies. And they were introduced by Mr. Sexy himself--Idris Elba.
Ciara rocked an unflattering Givenchy look.
Black Girls Rock! creator Beverly Bond kept it chic in a dark multi-colored gown. Lovely look for her.
Tracee Ellis Ross posed it up with the Inspiration Award winner Susan Taylor.
Exec. Producer and manager Mona Scott Young was on hand in her leopard blazer.
SWV rocked the house with one of the hottest sets of the night.
Celebrity trainer Jeanette Jenkins hit the carpet in a black & white Herve Leger dress.
LaLa Anthony rocked a high neck long sleeved dark green velvet Balmain dress with her Louboutin heels. Hot look.
Singer Bridget Kelly hit the carpet.
And Dionne Warwick was there to accept the Living Legend award. She made sure everyone knew that Black WOMEN rock too.
Other spoilers from inside the Awards that may or may not air:
- Alicia Keys accepted the Rock Star Award.
- Tracee Ellis Ross made an almost wipe-out worthy trip over her dress when she first walked out to host, but she recovered hilariously and they re-started the taping.
- Kerry Washington said she loves wearing her Black Girls Rock t-shirts out in public because people stop and stare...and she thinks, "You didn't know"?
- It was revealed that Kerry graduated Phi Beta Kappa and double majored in Anthropology & Sociology at George Washington University.
- Alicia Keys opened up the show with an all girl marching band leading her to the stage during "A New Day."
- Janelle Monae said while accepting her award that she wears her uniform (the black/white look she wears while performing) to pay homage to her mother who was a proud janitor, her father who was a trash man, and her step father who was a postal worker (and who raised her as his own). She said she wears it because there is "still worked to be done." Janelle was also a maid when she first moved to Atlanta.
- Susan Taylor said she is NEVER getting rid of her braids...for anyone asking. Ha!
- Missy was the surprise performer during Ciara's set.
- Tracee rocked one of her mom's now vintage Oscar De la Renta shirts as one of her looks of the night.
- A video tribute was shown of the 2012 black female Olympians from all over the world.
You can catch Black Girls Rock! on BET November 4th at 8p EST. Check out flicks from the actual show in the gallery below...