Celebrity Gossip Never Looked So Good ®
YBF on Twitter YBF on Facebook YBF on Instagram Feed

BET Stays Mum About NOT Pulling "106 & Park" After Blue Ivy Debacle + Producer Allegedly SUSPENDED

 photo yesk2.jpg

We have the inside scoop (sort of) on all of the drama following the Blue Ivy hair “joke” read by Karrueche on BET’s “106 & Park”. Also, it’s being reported a producer from the show has been suspended. Get the deets inside…

All hell broke loose on Monday when Karrueche Tran (who was guest hosting) read an incredibly insensitive joke about Blue Ivy’s hair on BET’s countdown show, “106 & Park.”

During a segment entitled “Top Six Things Blue Ivy Thought About The VMAs,” Kae read from a teleprompter and said, “I really did wake up like this because my parents never comb my hair [laughs] Sorry Blue!”

Since the show aired, Karrueche has offered up apologies via Twitter and official statements (after the BEYhive went into attack mode), while BET’s President of Music Programming Stephen G. Hill released an apology on behalf of the network. He said the joke was a bad judgment call and that the network had already apologized to Beyonce and Jay Z.

We’re sure you all have noticed that “106 & Park” has not aired since the now infamous hair joke, which lead some to believe it was pulled because of all of the controversy. There have been reports that say BET decided NOT to show “106 & Park” this week after all of the negative backlash.

So we reached out to BET and according to our source, this is a just rumor and NOT fact. It’s unclear if this was always the plan (being that many shows are running reruns right now) or if they really axed the show for the week because of the Blue Ivy drama. Hmph.

And as for the repercussions of the inconsiderate joke on a 2-year-old? A source revealed to the NY Daily News that a producer from the show has reportedly been suspended. No word on if the producer was suspended indefinitely or not, but action was taken to help rectify their huge “mistake.” Sighs...

Guess BET can forget even a Vine video performance from Queen Bey now.



1. Suge Knight has been released from the hospital three days after getting shot six times during a pre-VMA party last weekend. STORY

Photo: Getty





Log in to post a new comment

Log in to post a new comment

Sign in with Facebook