Celebrity Gossip Never Looked So Good ®
YBF on Twitter YBF on Facebook YBF on Instagram Feed

Antonio Brown Reportedly Rejected $2 Million Settlement With Rape Accuser, Dodges Media After Patriots Win

​ ​ ​ ​

 photo absettlement1.png

Antonio Brown reportedly turned down a $2 million settlement with rape accuser Britney Taylor right around the time he signed his new deal with the New England Patriots. Get those deets, plus the drama involving him dodging the media after the Patriots win yesterday inside…

While Antonio Brown was finessing the NFL to land on a new team, there was more drama behind-the-scenes involving his alleged rape case.

The NFL wide receiver reportedly rejected a $2 million settlement with his former trainer/rape accuser Britney Taylor. Sources tell ESPN AB was given a deadline last Sunday night to sign the multi-million settlement before Britney’s lawyers trekked to the courthouse to file a civil lawsuit against him on Tuesday. As we told you previously, Britney is accusing AB of sexually assaulting her on multiple occasions in 2017 and 2018.

We’ve learned there has been settlement discussions since early April, which included two mediations, one that went down in May, according to ESPN sources. AB rejected the settlement around the same time he signed his new deal with the New England Patriots.

ESPN reports a meeting with the NFL and Britney is supposed to happen today as part of the league’s investigation.

A source told ESPN's Josina Anderson that Taylor has given information to the league in advance of the meeting. The source said they were not told that Brown or any of his representatives would be at that meeting and are not expecting them to be.

The league is waiting until it speaks with Taylor to determine where the investigation goes next, a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

AB made his season debut yesterday with the Patriots during Game 2 of the season against the Miami Dolphins. Since there’s no criminal investigation against AB, he was allowed to play. He scored a touchdown after making a catch from Patriots QB Tom Brady. The Patriots dominated the Dolphins, 43-0. Sheesh!

 

 

After the game, AB did a disappearing act, likely to avoid having to answer questions about the lawsuit brought against him. Apparently, he had already left the locker room before reporters were allowed in. His locker had been cleared out and his nameplate was even taken down.

NBC Sports reported the Patriots told the media Brown had "already left."

The early exit may have violated this particular NFL rule that prohibit players from avoiding reporters.

"Players must be available to the media following every game and regularly during the practice week as required under league rules and their contracts and as noted above. It is not permissible for any player or any group of players to boycott the media," the league's rules state. "Players with unusually heavy media demands must be available to the media that regularly cover their teams at least once during the practice week in addition to their required post-game media availability. This applies to a maximum of one or two players per team only. The minimum for such players does not include other required media obligations such as network production meetings and national media interviews arranged by the team."

AB should have pulled a Marshawn “I’m Only Here So I Don’t Get Fined” Lynch move.

While he skipped out on chatting with the media, he made an appearance on social media after the win with his fam: 

 

 

Photo: Getty Images

​ ​
Categories:
​ ​
​ ​ ​
​ ​

Comments

WANT YOUR OWN AVATAR? GET IT HERE.

Log in to post a new comment

Log in to post a new comment

register
Sign in with Facebook